At the Movies
For Catholic readers of Lord of the Rings the test for Peter Jackson’s film trilogy of Tolkien’s masterpiece was not the excellence of the special effects, the acting, the directing the cinematography or the storytelling, but whether Jackson and his team would be faithful to Tolkien’s Catholic vision.
More At the Movies
- The Cave of Enlightenment
- The Power of Myth
- The Inner Journey
- Morality and Movies
- Movies, Masks and Mysticism
- The Orphaned Hero
Catholic Issues and Current Events
- What is Truth? An Examination of Sola Scriptura
- Womens' Ordination and Homosexuality
- Encounters with Angels
- Resurrection or Re-incarnation?
- Miracles Anyone?
- Evangelical Catholics
- Must There be a Priest Shortage?
- Encouraging the Christian Hero
- Sorry Therapy
- St Joseph: A Saint for Fathers
- Believing and Belonging
- Why Don’t Catholics Read the Bible?
- Can Evangelicals and Catholics be Friends?
- St Thérèse of Lisieux – Model for Missionaries
- The Healing Mysteries
- The Anglican Right
- Does Father (and Husband) Know Best?
- A Tale of Two Churches
- Back to the Future
- The Epidemic of School Sex Abuse
- The Moral Morass
- Look Back in Anger
- Why Not Bi-Sexual Polygamy?
- More Christianity - A New Apologetic