Fr. Robert D Smith
The Other Side of Christ
What The Missionaries Taught First
The secular media are by no means as secular, as neutral about religion as they claim to be.
They teach a form of religion, and they teach us how to think about specific religions. They continually
present the idea that religion is concerned with ritual observances, that Catholicism, for example, is a
matter of learning the Sign of the Cross, the Our Father, the Hail Mary and the Apostle's Creed, and
that advanced learning in Catholicism includes being able to list the cardinal sins, the gifts of the Holy
Spirit, and the corporal and spiritual works of mercy; but what did the missionaries teach? Was it a
matter, first of all, of teaching the pagans how to make the Sign of the Cross, to pray the Our Father
and the Hail Mary" No...as important as these and other things are, they all come second, after something else.
More The Other Side of Christ
- The Knowledge of Good and Evil
- The Leaven of the World
- Christ as Lion and Lamb
- The Example of Sodom and Gomorrah
- The Unseen Heart of the Disease
- Convinced of their Own Righteousness
- The Basics of Christianity
- The Modernists' Pretense of Charity
- A Distaste For The Word Of God
- Faith in a False Christ
- Written In Every Man's Heart
- The Beginning of Wisdom
- Become Like Little Children
- The Main Subject of the "Our Father"
- The Cruelest Death
- Christ's Teachings Are The Light Of The World
- The Wrath of God
- God's Law is Obvious
- The Benevolence of Disbelief
- Almighty And Holy God
- Lambs among Wolves
- A Rejection of Moral Teaching
- Goodness Comes From Reverence
- Worthy of Wonder
- A Heaven Which Makes No Sense
- A Strict Account Will Have To Be Rendered
- Why is the Church Hated and Persecuted?
'The Other Side of Christ' copyright © Fr. Robert D Smith. All rights reserved.