The 9th Commandment:
"You shall not covet your neighbor's wife." (Ex 20:17)
- Do I jealously wish I had relationships as good as someone elseís?
- Have I had sexual thoughts about someone other than my spouse, without immediately dismissing them or praying to banish them?
- Did I ever become obsessed with someoneís physical shape, dwelling on it in my thoughts or pointing it out to others?
- Do I let my imagination go uncontrolled? Do I fantasize impurely?
- Have I treated someone as an object, rather than with dignity and respect?
- Have I enjoyed pornography or "cheesecake" pictures for the sake of lustful pleasure?
- Have I been lax about purifying my heart? Has attuning my intellect and will to Godís holiness and way of loving been unimportant to me?
- Has modesty been unimportant to me? Modesty means refusing to unveil whatever should remain hidden, out of respect for yourself and others.
- Have I been attracted to voyeuristic peeking at people in their homes, bedrooms or bathrooms?
- When someone I know has violated the privacy or sexuality of others, have I ignored it as if it didn't really matter?
- Have I encouraged or condoned sexual permissiveness by promoting "safe sex" instead of abstinence?
E-mail this page to a friend