Catechism of the Catholic Church
Part Four: Christian Prayer
Section One: Prayer in the Christian Life/What is Prayer?
Chapter One: The Revelation of Prayer/The Universal Call to Prayer
Chapter Two: The Tradition of Prayer
- Article 1: In the Old Testament
- Article 2: In the Fullness of Time
- Article 3: In the Age of the Church
- Blessing and Adoration
- Prayer of Petition
- Prayer of Intercession
- Prayer of Thanksgiving
- Prayer of Praise
Chapter Three: The Life of Prayer
- Article 1: At the Wellsprings of Prayer
- Article 2: The Way of Prayer
- Article 3: Guides for Prayer
- Article 1: Expressions of Prayer
- Vocal Prayer
- Contemplative Prayer
- Article 2: The Battle of Prayer
- Objections to Prayer
- Humble Vigilance of Heart
- Filial Trust
- Perservering in Love
- Article 3: The Prayer of the Hour of Jesus
Section Two: The Lord's Prayer
- Article 1: "The Summary of the Whole Gospel"
- I. At the Center of the Scriptures
- II. The Lord's Prayer
- III. The Prayer of the Church
- Article 2: "Our Father Who Art in Heaven"
- I. We Dare to Say
- II. Abba - "Father!"
- III. "Our" Father
- IV. "Who Art in Heaven"
- Article 3: The Seven Petitions
- I. "Hallowed Be Thy Name"
- II. "Thy Kingdom Come"
- III. "Thy Will be Done on Earth as it is in Heaven"
- IV. "Give us this Day our Daily Bread"
- V. "And Forgive us our Trespasses, as we Forgive those who Trespass Against us"
- VI. "And Lead us not into Temptation"
- VII. "But Deliver us from Evil"
- Article 4: The Final Doxology