- Turtles are reptiles, and not amphibians, like most people tend to believe.
- Some turtles can live up to a year without food (don't let that be an excuse to forget about feeding your pet!).
- A snake-neck turtle's neck is as long as its body
- A turtle can live for more than 30 years, so be prepared to make a long-term commitment!
- A group of turtles is called a 'bale'
- Turtles and tortoises are the oldest forms of reptiles alive today and have changed very little in their 200 million year history
- Some turtles can breathe underwater through their bottoms, especially during hibernation
Return to Index
E-mail this page to a friend