by Kim Jones
Lynda Randle was born and raised in Washington, D.C. Growing up a part of the D.C. inner-city culture, Lynda experienced a pain and anguish that can rarely be imagined. Since giving her life to the Lord, He has used the scars of her youth to bring a distinct depth and richness to her ministry. Her Life is the fulfillment of the promise of Isaiah; "...Bestow on them the crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."
- Isaiah 61:3, NIV
Anyone who knows Lynda will find themselves marveling at her bottomless supply of enthusiasm. Whether she is ministering to a large congregation, or one-on-one to a runaway teen, her joyful dedication to the Lord is always a source of encouragement. In November of 1989, Lynda married Mike Randle of Kansas City, Missouri. Mike's background growing up on the streets of Kansas City's inner-city and his dramatic conversion experience have given him a powerful voice to youth who find themselves in the same desperation that he knew on the street. The Randles enjoy the occasions where they are able to minister together, Mike speaking and Lynda singing. Lynda and Mike have been blessed with 2 daughters, Patience and Joy. One of the remarkable things about Lynda's ministry is her ability to quickly build rapport with her audience and "draw them out" regardless of the type of group she is addressing. In fact, her message and music have proven to be truly cross-cultural.
Lynda Randle Discography
- Lynda Randle Christmas
- God on the Mountain
- A Tribute To Mahalia Jackson
- Timeless Christmas
- Timeless II
- Soul Shower
- A Way Through
Lynda Randle Highlights
- Mahalia Jackson Award, second place vocalist in Washington, D.C.
- First Place Vocalist, Maryland Association of Christian Schools
- First of many appearances on the nationally televised "Old Time Gospel Hour" with Rev. Jerry Falwell
- Appeared at many Right To Life rallies around the country
- Numerous appearances with brother, Michael Tait, of DC Talk
- Female Vocalist of the year Award Winner, Christian Artist Music Seminar, Estes Park, Colorado. First perfect score in the history of competition, judged by top recording industry executives and artists.
- Guest soloist at the National Day of Prayer Celebration, Kansas City, MO
- Sang National Anthem for 2 major league baseball games for the KC Royals and at numerous KC Chiefs private events
Learn more about Lynda Randle by visiting her web site.
E-mail this page to a friend
Kim Jones is the About.com
Guide to Christian Music. Your Guide to Christian Music
copyright © Kim Jones. All rights reserved.